Terms & Conditions
Your purchase of services from Only DJ’s (will be referred to as “The Firm” or “Us” in this document), is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Service. By accessing and/or using the website, you accept these terms and agree to be bound by them, and an agreement is formed between us and you. If you do not accept these Terms, you must refrain from using this website or making a purchase from this website.
This contract is subject to change without notification to the buyer, We reserve the right the alter this contract at any time, E & OE.
All pricing listed on the website excludes GST.
1) Payments & Pricing:
1) To secure a DJ booking a 25% booking fee of the initial quote must be paid by credit card, PayPal or by EFT in order to confirm a booking. Cheques are not accepted. To Secure effects, photobooth or streaming service booking a 50% booking fee of the initial quote must be paid. The firm reserves the right to adjust the booking fee percentage. The booking fee may be the full amount if the event is on short notice.
2) All booking fee payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. The client agrees to revoke any and all claims for a refund on this payment and understands that this payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
3) Final payment via EFT (direct bank deposit), or credit card is due 10 business days prior to the event. If final payment is not received by the date of the event, we reserve the right to withhold the performer from attending the event. Unless an agreement with the firm is made to accept payment on-site prior. Payment must be made to the DJ prior to commencing the performance.
4) Credit card payments and PayPal electronic invoices will incur a 2.6% surcharge.
5) Stair fees must be paid on the night if the firm is not advised prior to the event. The standard stair fee is $80 per story. The stair fee is non-negotiable. The firm reserves the right to cancel a performance if the stair fee is not paid. Stair fees may not be applicable if the venue provides lift access.
6) Failure to make full payment before the due date will result in a 10% administration fee added to the full cost of the booking.
7) Overdue payments that exceed one month of the due date will be referred to a collection agency, with the client being liable for the additional collection fees.
8) The firm reserves the right to charge additional fees, should the client request an earlier setup time than the 1 or 2 hour slot allocated.
9) The firm reserves the right to amend pricing based on additional requirements. Additional requirements include any extra costs that the firm may incur to meet the requirements of the venue. This may occur when a client and or venue has withheld or failed to provide information about performer requirements prior to booking the firm. The Firm reserves the right to withhold the performer or to terminate service if the client does not pay the new balance. The firm accepts no liability for this.
10) The firm reserves the right to open up a booking date if the client has failed to make payment to secure their booking. All bookings are not held until payment is received.
11) The firm reserves the right to amend pricing based on limited access to the venue, resulting in additional logistical actions being taken by the firm. For example, arriving earlier than scheduled in the booking form. Areas with limited access include but are not limited to the Docklands, South Warf, Albert park etcetera.
12) The client is responsible for any parking fees that the firm may incur that is a result of limited access to the venue.
13) The Firm reserves the right to amend pricing in the quotation of special effects based on additional requirements or long intervals between the use of effects. All quotes cover a 2-hour window which includes setup and use of the effects.
14) All EFT payments must be made 10 business days from the date of the event.
15) The firm will be registered for GST as of 01-04-22, as per the previous clause the clients agree to pay the 10% GST on the price shown in the initial quotation/booking form. Failure to pay may result in the performer being withheld from attending the event.
16) If the client chooses to change the venue the firm reserves the right to issue a new contact. The booking fee from the previous payment may be forfeit. The firm reserves the right to issue a new invoice and pricing based on the new venue location.
17) Failure to make an agreed on payment on the day of the event will result in a full cancellation of the service. The firm will not be liable for any non performance. The only payment accepted on the day of the booking is cash. Bank Transfers will not be accepted.
18) Payments made by bank transfers must include all the require information to identify said payment. If the client does not inform the firm or does not have the correct description. The booking may not be confirmed. The firm will not be liable for non performance. The firm will contact the client to advise that payment has been received. The client has a duty of care and responsibility to follow-up if payment has been received if the firm has not contacted the client.
19) Payments for effects are due on a stated date the effect will not be used if payment has not been received. The firm will not use any effects unless payment is received. Failure to make payment on the agreed on date may result in the full cancellation of the service. Cash payments are not accepted on the day unless stated in agreement with the firm.
2) Cancellations/ Rescheduling:
1) Cancellations and/or reschedules (not covid related reschedules) are considered a change of mind and refunds are subject to the firm’s discretion. Should you wish to cancel your service, we require 12 weeks notice in writing to be eligible for a partial refund. The initial booking fee payment is non-refundable, any payments made after the booking fee will be refunded at the firm’s discretion.
2) Should the client cancel/reschedule within 10 business days of the event, the cancellation/reschedule fee is 50% of the initial quote/booking price. Any other payments that have been made will only be credited and not refunded.
3) Failure to pay a cancellation fee will result in the firm referring the debt to a debt collection agency.
4) This cancellation fee is in process as soon as the booking is made, with no gestation period.
5) The firm reserves the right to refuse a reschedule. The firm may allow one rescheduling based on availability. The firm requires a minimum of 12 weeks notice for a non covid related reschedule.
6) Rescheduling of the length of the booking is permitted by the firm. The firm reserves the right to issue a new fee structure based on the length of the booking. Refunds will not be provided if the client chooses to end their event early.
7) Rescheduling of the date is subject to availability and prices may change to reflect demand. Booking fees may be forfeit as you will be entering into a new contract with the firm. The firm reserves the right to issue a new invoice based on the date of the new booking. I.E Peak period and off peak. See bottom of the page for Definition.
8) Refunds of the booking fee will be forfeit if the firm is not available on the date of a requested reschedule. The firm may allow for the booking fee to be credited to an alternate event.
9) The firm reserves the right to cancel a booking. Any monies paid will be refunded via EFT at the firms discretion.
10) When rescheduling a booking, the client will be informed by the firm of date availability. If the client chooses a date the firm is not available, the said decision does constitute a change of mind. This change of mind may result in the loss of any booking fees paid. Credits may be applied for future bookings.
11) Should the client, conduct any deceptive and/or fraudulent activity that the firm deems is fraudulent, the firm reserves the right to cancel all services without any refund with no credits being applied. The client will subsequently be banned from any future bookings.
3) Refunds & Credits:
1) Once entered into this contract, full refunds are not permitted, only partial refunds.
2) You are not entitled to a refund if you are simply unhappy with the performer.
3) All refunds are taken on a case by case basis and are NOT GUARANTEED by this contract.
4) Partial refunds are only given in the case of equipment being faulty at the fault of the firm (see section 5, 6)
5) Any disputes are to remain private between yourself and the firm, and signed documentation stating that you adhere to this is to be signed before any refunds can be given
6) Should you breach this contract by publicly renouncing the firm on any third party public forum, social media, online, verbal, printed etcetera, the firm retains the right to refuse a refund.
7) All Credits will expire 2 years from when payment has been received. The client has a responsibility to engage in our services, the firm will not actively pursue the use of said credits.
8) Credits may be sold to the credit value stated by the firm. A quotation will be issued to the third party prior to purchasing the credit. The firm will not accept credits sold without its knowledge.
9) Credits are to the value paid, the original total booking costs will not apply to any credits sold.
10) Any credits that are purchased are subject to availability by the firm. If the third party chooses a date where the firm is not available after having received a quotation for a different date, the firm will not be liable for any losses or damages to the client.
11) Credits may only be sold once. The new third party revokes their right to resell the credit.
4) Event conduct, venue specifications & communication:
1) We require a minimum of one hour to enter a venue and set up our basic DJ console prior to the start time and also a similar time allowance at the end of the function to pack up.
2) If you are booking other entertainment as well as hiring our services, please consider the amount of space available and where you require the performer to set up. Speaker location is usually best if it is no greater than 3 metres on either side of the performer.
3) All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment & liquor licenses. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
4) It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the equipment booked is suitable for use at the event venue. No refunds, part or full, will be given for non-use of specific equipment that cannot be used due to any venue restrictions imposed. No refunds, part or full, will be given if the client book insufficient sound equipment. Some venue layouts require additional speakers, failure to provide a floorplan will result in the client revoking any right to complain if the sound system is insufficient. Not all equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/or up staircases. It is the client’s responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions that may impede set up or restrict equipment use.
5) We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate our services at any time that we feel our personal safety is under threat. We do not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue. You will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
6) We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited or uninvited guests.
7) It is the responsibility of the client to make sure that there is an adequate provision of electrical power within five metres of our set-up point. We require a minimum of 3 x power outlets on individual circuit breakers dedicated purely for our equipment (not in the form of an extension lead or power board) larger consoles such as the Platinum plus package may require 4-5. Any damage caused to our equipment by an inadequate power supply or power interruption is the responsibility of the client. The client is fully responsible for any damage caused to the equipment caused by the use of noise limiters and the subsequent cut off and reintroduction of power without our consultation.
8) Should the booking end time pass, the firm retains the right to refuse to continue to play unless remunerated on the agreed-upon hourly rate, the payment must be made as a cash payment before the performance is continued. The firm will offer leeway in respect to the precise time. For example, the firm is booked until 12 am and the music concludes at 12:04 am.
9) Should our DJ’s be performing outside, the client has a duty of care to provide heating, cooling and shelter in the event of extreme weather conditions. If heating is not supplied and temperatures drop below 10 degrees the firm reserves to right to stop performing without liability to the firm.
10) A meal and water/soft drinks must be provided to the DJ and/or technicians if the event exceeds 3 hours. Failure to do so will result in the performer taking a legally required break and the firm accepts no responsibility for any refunds for non-performance during this break period.
11) The firm will endeavour to communicate with the client to ensure no details are missed, however, the client has a duty of care to inform the firm of any changes. The client is solely responsible for communicating changes in a timely manner.
12) The firm will endeavour to keep within the promised communication level as stated however, during peak periods this may not always be possible. The firm will endeavour to make contact throughout the week leading up to the event.
13) The firm will not be liable for non-performance if the client has booked services exceeding venue operating hours. This applies to home venues or bookings who book our services past local sound restrictions times and the police arrive to end the event. The full fee will still be applicable.
1) Equipment supplied is subject to change depending on the requirements of the venue (i.e. size and acoustics), number of guests and availability of equipment.
2) Only staff employed by us may operate our equipment. Under no circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use the equipment owned by the firm. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to property, or injury to persons caused directly by third-party intervention. The firm reserves the right to cancel a booking if patrons attempt to use any equipment without any refund. The firm will not be liable for any non performance. The client will also be charged for retesting and tagging of all equipment in use.
2i) The client agrees that they have a duty of care to ensure guests do not enter the DJ booth, use any of the equipment or place drinks in the vicinity of the booth and/or on speakers. If guests or patrons do use equipment without consent, all items will be retested at the cost to the client. Unauthorised use of equipment may result in the cessation of the entire performance with the firm terminating this contract without liability to the firm. All equipment will be retested and tagged at the clients expense.
3) All equipment is to be returned in the same condition it went out. The client is responsible for any damage to our equipment caused by yourself or any person at your function. The client agrees to be charged for the full cost of any repairs or replacements required. (You will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused). This is to be charged to the specified credit card at retail value (-) any discounts.
4) For bubble machines, snow machines & smoke machines, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure they have the relevant permission from the venue for use of these services. Should there be any additional charges for cleaning up of the discharge from these machines, this is to be stood by the client.
5) If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we reserve the right to refuse to do so if the equipment is considered to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any component linked to it. The client is liable if post inspections prove that damage has been caused by faulty equipment other than ours.
6) The firm regularly services and maintains all sound and lighting equipment and carry essential backup equipment. In the rare event of any equipment failure, an onsite repair will be attempted. If however there is an irreparable breakdown in lighting and/or sound a partial refund will be given, decided upon by the firm.
7) Lighting, sound and any other equipment may not be used by other entertainers or by any other person(s) except with the written permission of ONLY DJ’S Company management prior to the event.
8) Any intentional microphone drops will result in the client paying for the full replacement of a new microphone, irrespective if the damage is apparent or not. The client has a duty of care to inform all their guests using the microphone that dropping, mishandling or throwing of the microphone is strictly prohibited.
9) The firm will reserve the right to be present during the entire booking, equipment will not be set up and left unattended to comply with WHS standards. Additional fees will be applicable.
10) If the firm is required to use in house equipment and a failure occurs. The firm accepts no responsibility for the broken equipment, sound quality or sound volume.
11) Equipment supplied is subject to change depending on the availability & functionality of the equipment. In the event equipment has been double-booked, the firms reserve the right to allocate new equipment or cancel the booking at their complete discretion.
12) The firms Gold, Diamond & Platinum record packages may change in accordance with the availability. Equipment will be alternated at the discretion of the firm.
13) Any equipment that is not supplied by the firm must be within test and tag date by a licensed testing agent with a license number. The firm reserves the right to refuse connection to any untested equipment at no liability to the firm.
14) The firm reserves the right to withhold the use of microphones if the DJ deems the people intending to use it being highly intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. The firm will not be liable for any damages as a result of this.
15) In some weather conditions or outdoor settings some equipment may not work as intended. The firm will endeavour to resolve this issue however the firm will not be liable for damages in extreme weather conditions.
16) The firm will not be liable for any recorded material or microphone issues that may result from speech takers not speaking into the microphone.
17) The firm reserves the right to refuse items or signs to be attached to the DJ booth. The item must be tested and tagged as per Section 5, clause 1 to be considered for mounting. The firm will not be liable for any damaged done to the items that mounted onto the DJ booth if the firm has consented.
18) Any item that is not tested and tagged and is subsequently faulty and causes damage will result in all damages and costs being passed onto the client.
19) DJ booth covers will be allocated based on availability. The firm will endeavour to provide the colour requested however this may not be available due to spillages or dirty fabric from events leading up to the booking.
20) Under no circumstances will the firm allow the bouzouki player Steve Pavlidis plug into to our PA system or any equipment. The client understands that this person is permanently banned from working with the firm.
6) Termination of contract:
1) We will not be liable for non-fulfilment of this contract by the Management and, or the performer, although every reasonable precaution will be taken. In the event of the client seeking compensation, we will not be liable under any such claim, and the contracted performer will only be liable for a sum up to and not exceeding the contracted amount.
2) We shall be entitled to terminate this contract without liability if for any reason beyond its control the performer is unable to perform, due to fire or theft of equipment, illness or breakdown of the vehicle. The entertainer will use all reasonable endeavours to locate a replacement performer. However, in the unlikely event of a non-performance, all monies paid will be refunded and this will be the limit of our liability to you the client. The client agrees that this is the limit of our liability when entering this contract.
3) Under Health & Safety laws, we can withdraw or refuse to perform in an unsafe building, access or venue where the safety of our representatives or the public may be jeopardised. In this unlikely event the booking will be terminated and the full booking fee payable.
4) Any Unauthorised use of equipment by guests, patrons or the client, may result in the cessation of the entire performance with the firm terminating this contract without liability to the firm.
1) We reserve the right to use any photography taken during the function period for promotional purposes. School and children events are exempt from this.
2) The client must advise the firm in writing if they do not wish photography and/or videography to be placed on social media.
3) To have no media placed on social media the client must advise the firm no later than 2 business days before the event.
4) The firm reserves the right to use any photography/videography on social media platforms if the client has not provided in writing a requested to not do so.
5) The firm reserves the right to share images of their DJ console and the venue on social media platforms.
6) The client agrees that once the event has transpired any and all images remain the right and property of the firm.
7) The firm reserves the right to take Photography & Videography as evidence for the work being completed. If a dispute arises the firm reserves the right to share the link on social media platforms to demonstrate the service provided. Any unused date will be deleted in 12 months if requested in writing.
8) For copyrighted images the client has also obtained the rights for the firm to use said copyright images. Any images that are copyrighted and permission is given to the client is also extended to the firm.
8) Laws of Victoria
1) These terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria, Australia. If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of this agreement, which will continue in full force and effect.
2) If you access the website in a jurisdiction other than Victoria, Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply. The Firm makes no representations that the content of the website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
3) If any part of these terms are found to be void, invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then that provision or part will be deemed to be severed from these terms and the remaining terms and provisions of these terms will remain in force and constitute the agreement between you and The Firm.
4) The failure by The Firm to exercise or enforce any right or provision under these terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision under these terms will only be effective if it is in writing and signed by The Firm.
9) Playlists, Runsheets & Requests
1) Playlists will only be accepted in Word document, PDF, or excel spreadsheet format. The firm reserves the right to reject playlists that are:
- Images were taken by phone from a printed copy
- Spotify playlists
2) Runsheet modifications must be approved by the firm if they are within 3 days of the event.
3) The firm accepts no responsibility for any errors that may occur from last-minute changes that are made on the day or in the 3 day period.
4) Requests lists should consist of no more than 30-40 songs.
5) Requests lists consisting of 70+ songs will have most played, however, the firm does not guarantee this. This is due to the average song consisting of approximately 3-4 minutes. With formalities, background music and structuring the event. There is a significant level of difficulty to incorporate all the different genres into the night and make it a successful event. The firm and the DJ reserve the right to make judgement calls on what will or will not be played. but will happily play the song if requested by the client.
6) The firm reserves the right to charge additional fees for any playlist that is submitted in the unaccepted terms.
7) Playlists submitted within an unreasonable timeframe may not be obtained if they are not part of the Only DJs Music list. Playlist submission cutoff is 3 business days from the event.
10) Dry ice, low lying, Fireworks & Sparkular Effects
Effects in this section are used to describe any effects listed or not listed in this section, including but not limited to Dry ice, low lying fog, Fireworks, Sparkulars, confetti cannons etc.
1) The firm accepts no responsibly for the run time of the dry ice effect. The run time is an estimation and is a trade-off between run time and a more ambient effect. For example, longer laster effects will result in lighter clouds, shorter effects will result in more dense clouds. Refunds will not be issued on the basis of a short run time or limited effect.
2) The firm will not accept responsibility if the doors or windows are open and/or air conditioning, fans, or other cooling/heating devices interfere with the effect. Venues are requested by the firm to reduce or turn off said devices.
3) All bookings will receive 5KG of dry ice for this booking unless additional ice is requested. Requests for additional ice must be made in writing 3 days before the event. Due to the volatile nature of dry ice, this weight may not weigh 5KG when the Nimbus dry ice machine is operated.
4) The firm will endeavour to slow the decay rate of the dry ice by storing it in a sealed container, storing the sealed container in a freezer, and limiting exposure to the outside environment. Dry ice bookings for Sundays will experience higher decay rates due to the limited availability on Sundays.
5) In the rare event that all the dry ice has completely decayed, a partial refund will be issued. Proof of purchase of the dry ice will be provided on request.
6 In the event of a Total Fire ban and the firm is unable to obtain a Total Fire ban permit a full refund will be provided for the effects affected by the ban minus the delivery and staff costs.
7) The firm reserves the right to use its choice of a dry ice supplier. Dry ice provided by the customer will not be accepted unless arranged prior.
8) The firm reserves the right to charge for each use of the dry ice effects. For example, if the firm agrees to allow the customer to use additional dry ice and the operator has used the initial 5KG of dry ice, an additional hire fee will be charged.
9) The effect machines must be operated by the firm’s technician. Any unauthorised use or operation will void the booking and result in the full fee being charged and the booking being cancelled.
10) The firm will accept no responsibility if anyone is injured due to lack of security or unprofessional/unsafe handling of the dry ice by patrons/guests.
11) The firm reserves the right to issue an additional fee if the client fails to complete the effect service within 15 minutes of the designated time. The 15 minute grace period is a right reserved by the technician and the firm, not the client. This fee must be paid prior to the use of any effects, failure to make payment will result in the termination of the effects.
12) The firm is not responsible for any refunds if the client has failed to attain appropriate approval from the venue for the use of dry ice, fireworks, sparkular, low lying effects or any other effects no listed for either inside or outside of the venue.
13) Event Runsheet must be submitted 14 days prior to the event. Failure to provide correct timing information may result in additional fees if the event is behind or ahead of schedule.
14) Any changes to the run sheet must be within the 14 days notice period must be approved by the firm.
15) Outdoor & Indoor Fireworks must adhere to the agreed on time stated in the paperwork submitted to the regulatory body. Due to regulatory requirements once this is submitted it cannot be changed on the day.
16) The firm accepts no responsibility for the cleaning of confetti, damages to any property, or injuries. This is the client’s responsibility and by making payment they have acknowledged this responsibility.
17) In cases where there is no MC or event coordinator the technician must be made aware and must be allowed to control the dancefloor and/or other sections for safety purposes. Surcharges may apply if the technician is required to provide a PA system.
18) In extenuating circumstances, the firm reserves the right to change the type of effects used. For example, using low lying instead of dry ice or sparkulars instead of fireworks. Any refund that may be given is a right reserved by the firm.
19 If any firework or pyrotechnic effect does not fire or does not burn as it should, it is at the discretion of the firm to decide if a refund will be given for that effect.
20) If any engagement is cancelled by the customer within 20 working days of the party, all monies paid for our services, less any security bonds will be forfeited by the customer. If any engagement is cancelled with less than 40 working days notice, all monies paid, less 50% of the total will be refunded to the customer. If any engagement is cancelled with more than 40 working days notice, all monies paid, less 25% of the total will be refunded to the customer.
21) The firm reserves the right to not fire or use effects if anyone is in danger. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure all guests, venue staff, children and vendors are seated. Any refunds will be given at the firm’s discretion.
22) The client has a duty of care to ensure that all guests are informed to stay seated during any pyrotechnics effects. This can be done by asking the MC to announce it prior to any effects being used. We also highly recommend that any guests with children are advised prior to the event to keep their children seated.
23) The effects are not a guarantee if guests, vendors, patrons, staff or anyone else interfere with the effects during their time of use. This includes but not limited, airflow, doors being open, Air-conditioner being left on, children running through the effect, excessive twirling. ETC
11) DJ lessons
1) The firm reserves the right to cancel a lesson if the student becomes aggressive or violent towards their instructor, under the grounds of Work Health and Safety Act 2011. The full fee will be charged.
2) Students who take breaks will not have additional time added to their lesson.
3) If the student damages any of the equipment intentionally or unintentionally, the repair or replacement of the item is the responsibility of the parents/guardians and/or student. The firm will not accept these damages. The firm reserves the right to choose whether to repair or replace an item.
4) The firm reserves the right to refuse to offer repeat lessons to students who have displayed aggressive or violent behaviour, or the instructor believes that teaching them is out of their competence.
5) Refunds will not be issued if a lesson is terminated early or if the student doesn’t like the music.
6) The firm reserves the right to cancel a lesson if bulk lesson payments have not been received.
7) The firm reserves the right to void the discount if the client chooses to cancel the lessons. This constitutes a change of mind and all the firm may issue a refund at their discretion. Any multi-lesson discounts will be forfeit.
8) The guardian or parent must be present on the property throughout the lesson. We do not conduct lessons without a parent or guardian being present.
9) 48 hours notice is required for any lesson to be rescheduled. The firm reserves the right to issue a rescheduling fee of 20% if notice is inside the 48 hour window. The firm reserves the right to choose if they will waive the fee or seek it.
10) Discounts for Multi-lessons are applied to the lesson only. DJ performance & DJ lesson bookings will only receive a discount on the itemised DJ lesson price.
11) If the address for lessons changes to a different suburb or the client has bought or moved into a new property the firm reserves the right to issue a new invoice for any additional expenses that the firm may incur commuting to the new address.
12) The firm will endeavour to provide all the relevant information as to what learning to DJ involves. The firm will not accept liability if the client has failed to book the correct lessons sought by their child. For example, a child seeking to learn to produce music and not learning to DJ. Refunds will not be issued on this basis.
13) The firm reserves the right to conduct a covid assessment and check of vaccination status before entering the property to conduct a DJ lesson. Failure to answer honestly may result in the cancellation of the lesson without any refund as per section 2, clause 11.
12) DJ meetings
1) The firm reserves the right to choose a venue that is close to or a reasonable distance to the DJ.
2) Meetings will only be arranged once a booking has been made and the booking fee has been paid.
3) Meetings will last for a maximum of 1 hour.
4) Any food or beverages ordered will be paid for by the client, not by the firm.
5) By requesting and completing a meeting the client or persons requesting the meeting have agreed to give up their right to a refund in the event of a cancellation, regardless of the notice period.
6) Failure to attend a meeting by the client without 24 hours notice will result in additional charges for any future meetings.
13) Master of ceremony MC duties & Runsheet changes
1) MC duties that are provided are of a general nature. The firm will not detail lengthy stories or make jokes.
2) MC Duties are light and are basic.
3) MC duties will be completed to the best of the firms and the DJ’s ability.
4) Human error may result in minor mistakes. The firm reserves the right to refuse a refund if minor errors occur. The client agrees to accept human error within reason. For example, not proposing a toast.
5) The firm reserves the right to charge additional fees for more heavily involved MC duties. For example, telling stories or reading scripts.
6) The client agrees to communicate all changes to the run sheet with the firm. The firm will not accept responsibility for any failure or breakdown of communication on the part of the client. The firm will take measures to prevent failures or breakdowns in communication, with emails and calls.
7) If the DJ/MC is unable to see the room in full any services given is not guaranteed. The firm reserves the right to adjust floorplans to ensure they can provide a quality service.
8) If the DJ/MC mispronounces a name the firm will not be liable. This is considered human error by the firm and the client accepts this by entering into this contract.
9) MC duties are only available in English, by booking us the client acknowledges this.
10) Booking a Greek DJ with MC duties does not include MC duties in Greek. The firm will not make any announcements in Greek, translate or make requests where Greek is required to be spoken or understood.
1) The firm reserves the right to allocate DJs to events based on skills and availability. All bookings are booking the firm and not a specific DJ. The firm will allocate DJs in accordance with their skills or niche abilities to perform and give priority to those bookings over others. For example, Greek DJs performing at Greek events.
2) In the event the firm must allocate an external contractor, the equipment shown in the initial quote may change. The firm reserves the right to adjust pricing and issue refunds at their discretion.
3) If the client fails to request a DJ with a specific skill set and the DJ already is booked for their niche area. Then the firm will not be liable for the allocated DJ’s performance. Niche music is not shared with other DJs.
15) Work Health & Safety
1) The firm reserves the right for all their DJ’s & contractors to work in a smoke & vape-free environment.
2) The firm reserves the right to provide a lighter equipment if the DJ or contractor has a medical condition that limits their ability to lift DJ equipment.
3) The firm reserves the right to have a safe work environment.
4) The firm reserves the right to decline service if a safe working environment cannot be provided.
5) Failure to adhere to our COVID safe policy may result in the firm ending service early with no liability to the firm.
6) Should violence occur at the event, the firm reserves the right to terminate service without liability.
16) Live Streaming
- The client understands that this is a basic streaming service with stationary camera systems unless otherwise stated. The firm reserves the right to charge for additional staff if moving cameras are required.
- The firm requires a minimum of 1.5 hours uninterrupted setup time to bump into the venue, and will not be liable if the bump in time is limited and all cameras cannot be set up. The firm will endeavour to setup all the cameras during the stream when possible.
- Streaming services are provided in 2-hour blocks for a single location unless specified on the invoice. A single location is one room of a venue, multiple rooms will constitute a new location and additional fees may apply. Additional time may be purchased, however, this must be arranged with the firm, not the sound and light technician.
- If the client has elected for the option to stream from multiple rooms, the firm does not accept any responsibility if the base station cannot connect with the camera in the second room due to wireless connectivity constraints. The second streaming location may be considered a new location and a second base station and sound and light technician may need to be booked.
- The firm reserves the right to end the streaming service on the 2-hour mark if they have not been notified of any extensions or it has not been approved by the firm.
- The steam may be terminated based on the firms work health and safety policy and termination of contract sections. The firm will notify the client prior to terminating services. The firm accepts no responsibility for any losses or damages due to the stream being terminated.
- Streaming services are conducted by a sound and light technician, not a videographer. A videographer can be provided on request. The firm reserves the right to adjust quotations based on this request.
- The firm may request the running sheet to be modified in order to capture all parts of the event.
- The client must notify and specify what specific events are most important to capture for the live streaming service in writing, which is to be provided with a minimum of 72 hours before the event.
- The firm offers streaming services only, although the firm may have the recordings this is not a guarantee.
- Streams may be taken down due to copyright infringement. The firm will endeavour to re-engage the stream, however, links may be different. The firm accepts no responsibility for redistribution.
- The firm strongly recommends the client creates a social media event and provides full admin access to the event to the streaming agent to provide any new links required.
- The firm has recommendations for the streaming services, other streaming services may incur additional costs.
- A single stream is provided per streaming, for example to YouTube. Multiple streams are available at additional costs. For example, to YouTube, Facebook and/or Instagram simultaneously.
- The firm recommends that we play copyright free music during any dance brackets as this limits the chances of the streaming incurring a copyright strike with the streaming service.
- Distribution of the streaming link is distributed by the client, not the firm.
- Whilst, our streaming service has the ability to film in full HD, some external factors may affect the quality of the stream. Such as reception/internet speed, streaming service limitations and if any provided content given by the client is of lower quality.
- If the location of the stream is remote and a good internet connection is not available the steam may be uploaded at a later time, as soon as the streaming agent has access to a better internet connection.
- The firm does endeavour to use the best internet connection with Telstra 4G modem, however, there are some limitations with receptions.
- Any requirements must be provided to us in writing 72 hours prior to the event.
- Videos can be provided on request, our streaming videos are raw and unedited. The firm reserves the right to charge for our time to transfer or arrange pickup or postage of said footage.
- The firm does not take responsibility for any video content sent via mail that may get lost.
- If the clients provided media device does not have sufficient space the firm will advise them and organise a new media device at cost to the client or additional fees may be charged for the time to transfer additional files to a second or new media device.
- All media devices must be formatted correctly and the firm reserves the right to charge additional data transfer fees if the device is not formatted correctly.
- The firm reserves the right to change booths. The firm may change the booth if one has developed a fault or has been damaged and cannot be repaired prior to the clients booking date.
- The firm may limit prints as stated in the initial quote. The firm will not refund for any prints that are unused.
- Internet access is required from the venue to provide instant email and sms photos. If there is no internet access provided any photos will be sent when the booth operator has a stable unlimited internet connection.
- If the booth or printer fails the firm will not be liable for any unprinted prints. A refund may be issued as per section 5 Equipment, clause 6.
- The Firm agrees to supply a wide variety of props for our clients and their guests to use at their booking. The firm reserve the right to withhold or remove all or certain props from use if the attendant considers they are being damaged, mistreated or continually removed from the photobooth area. Children under the age of ten must be supervised by an adult when selecting props and when operating the photobooth.
- There is to be no food, drinks, cigarettes or e-cigarettes inside the booth or in the photo booth area.
- There is to be no chairs or other objects to stand on to be taken into the photobooth.
- There is to be no lifting up guests, piggy backing or hand stands, or any kind of gymnastics inside the photobooth.
- There is to be no drinks or food on the photo booth tables.
- Children under the age of 10 to be accompanied by an adult when selecting props & when inside the photobooth.
- There is to be no props to be removed from the photobooth area.
- The firm reserves the right to deny use to guests of the photobooth if they are intoxicated or under the influence.
- If the printer does fail the firm may send printed copies by registered mail to the client.
- The firm reserves the right to close the booth if repeated violations of these terms and conditions are breached.
- The firm reserves the right to adjust floorplans to ensure the photobooth is within close proximity and visual distance from the DJ when the client has booked a DJ and photobooth.
- The firm reserves the right to charge a props bond. If any props are damaged or missing the firm reserves the right to retain the bond to replace any lost or damaged props. The firm reserves the right to determine what is damaged.
- Prop bonds will only be refunded when all the props are confirmed to be undamaged or not missing. Any refunds will be conducted electronically. No bond will be refunded in cash.
- Photobooths bookings with a DJ operator are for a maximum duration of 5 hours from the first print. The firm may offer a grace period or offer prolonged service without printing.
- DJ operated booths are limited up to 300 prints only.
- If printing can not be restored due to tampering the firm will not be liable for non prints.
- Any digital copies will be sent within 40 business days after the event. The firm will endeavour to send them as soon as possible. A digital link to download them will be created that will expire in 5 business days. Should the client fail to access the link it may take up to an additional 40 business days to reupload the images.
- The firm does not provide guests books, glue sticks or pens unless requested by the client.
- Mirror booths are provided on an availability basis. The mirror booth and mirror air booth may be alternated.
- Mirror booths are not available for any venue that only has stair access to the floor where the event is being held. This includes steps at the front of the venue. If there is lift access and a ramp the firm can service the venue. Failure to inform the firm on the will result in the full fee being charged.
18) Corona Virus Terms & Conditions
- The firm will allow rescheduling of bookings to later dates. Exempting the 4 weeks in writing clause for those directly affected by the Coronavirus.
- To be eligible for a reschedule, the rescheduling of an event must be as a direct cause of the Coronavirus and the venue, not the client choosing to cancel the event. The venue & client must provide in writing that the cancellation is due to coronavirus. This entails evidence of their infection date and their period of isolation. An example of a direct cause is a public health order affecting the state of Victoria preventing the client from going ahead with their event due to a lockdown or the Bride and Groom or main event holder for example the birthday girl or boy cannot attend. Factors that are not considered a valid cause for a reschedule or cancellation due to Covid includes but is not limited to:
Interstate and or other Guests who cannot attend.
Enforced mask use
Guests capacity is limited up to vaccinated 50 or the 4 square metre rule is applied.
If unvaccinated guests cannot attend.
In all of these cases, your event can still proceed. The First dance, father-daughter dance and other aspects of a wedding are considered a performance and are also except from dancefloor restrictions.
- The firm will not refund cancellations that are made as a result of the Coronavirus and will retain the original booking fee.
- To have your booking fee credited to your rescheduled booking, the firm reserves the right to amend our quote based on peak or off peak days. Please see the definition of peak days for further information.
- Rescheduling a booking to an off peak day may result in being eligible for a discount up to $100 off the original booking fee.
- The firm reserves the right to offer a discount for rescheduling on a case by case basis.
- If the booking falls on an off peak day, the client will be able to have their entire booking fee applied if they require to reschedule due to the Corona Virus.
- Cancellations as a result directly of COVID may be eligible to receive a 50% of their booking fee to a new booking, this is subject to only DJ services and excludes special effects and livestreaming. The credit will only be available for 2 years after the original payment. The firm reserves the right to apply this at its own discretion.
- The client is responsible for adhering to any/all public health orders or government requirements.
- The firm reserves the right to request in writing any covid results that may affect the event from either the venue and/or the client.
- The firm will allow rescheduling within reason. Excessive rescheduling and/or a short notice period may result in the firm reissuing an invoice as per section 2, clause 2.
Peak days: are days in which the demand for our services are at their highest. Peak days are every Saturday all year round. Friday and Saturdays are considered peak days from September 1st to March 31st.
Off peak days: Are days where demand is lower for our services, which include Sunday to Friday up until August 31st. From September 1st to Marcg 31st off peak days include Sunday to Thursdays.
The Coronavirus terms and conditions are in line with the recommendations made by Consumer affairs. Click here for more information.
Our 25% booking fee covers all our reasonable expenses incurred leading up to your event.
For Fireworks & Dry ice/ other effects we reserve the right to retain a 50% booking fee to cover the expenses involved including but not limited to paperwork, procuring the fireworks, dry ice and/or other effects.
These effects are of a volatile nature that have a limited shelflife.
For further information from the ACCC for weddings and events please click HERE. We are adhering to their guidelines.